Since the Start of Wildcatt in 1995, we have updated the program twice a year, once in Spring and once in Fall. At these times we send a newsletter to Wildcatt users announcing the update, describing new program features and enhancements. Each newsletter also contains pointers on using Wildcatt and a feature article describing some particular item of interest researched using Wildcatt. All of our past newsletters are available for downloading right here. Simply copy the self extracting file to a directory on your hard drive and run the file. The file will extract the newsletter in Microsoft Word format. You can then read or print the newsletter using any Word Processor that can read Microsoft Word documents.
- Fall 1995 News from Wildcatt (Vol. 1--Number 1) News1195.exe 155 Kb (compressed). Run this file after download
- to extract News1195.doc. This newsletter contains an analysis of the awarded progeny of L. sincorana compared with the awarded progeny of L. pumila using the tools available in Wildcatt. There is also an article about Wildcatt vs. the RHS system discussing, among other things, copyright issues and questions about Wildcatt's publication of the Sander's and awards data.
- Spring 1996 News from Wildcatt (Vol. 2--Number 1) News0496.exe 103 Kb (compressed). Run this file after download
- to extract News0496.doc. This newsletter contains a study of the breeding of red Phals using tools in Wildcatt to analyze the available data, in addition to answers to commonly asked questions and an article about improving the performance of Wildcatt on your computer. The article about Wildcatt vs. the RHS system from volume 1--number 1 is also reprinted.
- Fall 1996 News from Wildcatt (Vol. 2--Number 2) News1196.exe 172 Kb (compressed). Run this file after download
- to extract News1196.doc. This newsletter contains an article contain pointers and examples of how to do special searches on AQ data and how to use graphing and other analysis tools in Wildcatt to extract information from those searches. Also included is an article explaining how to hide the Windows 95 taskbar which sometimes obscures some of the Wildcatt controls.
- Spring 1997 News from Wildcatt (Vol. 3--Number 1) Spr97nws.exe 284 Kb (compressed). Run this file after download
- to extract Spr97nws.doc. Wildcatt is used to explore the breeding line Masd. Angel Frost (Masd. veitchiana x Masd. strobelii) which received an AD in 1983 and was thought by the judges at that time to be a breeding line worthy of further pursuit. Where has this line gone since then? Also an article describing the query operators available in Wildcatt and the advantages and disadvantages in using them.
- Fall 1997 News from Wildcatt (Vol. 3--Number 2) Fal97nws.exe 287 Kb (compressed). Run this file after download
- to extract Fal97nws.doc. A quiz is the featured article of this issue. Take the quiz to test your Wildcatt skills, then read a full step by step how-to description of the answers in the back. This is a good exercise for both beginning and advanced Wildcatt users. Also included is another short article about query operators illustrating further pitfalls to be aware of when using Wildcatt to search for awards.
Last Revised: 29-Apr-98
Wildcatt Database Company. All rights reserved.
Send comments to: orchids@WildcattData.com